Research and Development Engineer for Product Innovation
Who we are looking for:
- The ideal candidate loves to work on solar facades and learn about simulations, architecture, electronics, mechanics and energy, both theoretically and/or practically.
- You will work with our specialists in a small, open and informal team on an affordable, beautiful, sustainable, safe and healthy future through the development of solar facades.
- We are looking for a technical jack-of-all-trades with a desire to learn and grow within a company whose mission is to generate more solar energy to fight climate change, air pollution, grid congestion, energy poverty and the high cost of electricity.
As a Research and Development Engineer at ZigZagSolar you will work in a small team to innovate the ZigZagSolar product. Depending on your expertise this may mean developing and performing simulations to improve the efficiency of our product or to test the mechanical properties of specific parts, optimizing design for thermal solar energy collection, building prototypes and performing experiments or validation, or radically innovating in other unexpected directions.
What we offer:
- We can offer a role that is far more rewarding than a simple side- or part-time job.
- Sharpen your multidisciplinary skills and knowledge by working in multidisciplinary teams both inside and outside the company.
- Part-time (minimum 8 hours/week) is expected. We can offer a full-time job for talented product developers as well.
- Competitive salary
- Fantastic secondary employment conditions including:
- Largely free to choose working hours, occasional mandatory meetings
- Can work from home, occasional mandatory meetings in Eindhoven
- Chances to grow and explore various roles within the company
- One-on-one coaching and accessible management
What we expect:
- We assume that you are occasionally present in our office in Eindhoven (3 km from the TU/e).
- Dutch-speaking is preferred however not necessary.
- Knowledge on one of the following subjects is a must:
- PV (systems), PVT (systems)
- Sustainable energy technologies
- Electrical engineering (including practical knowledge and know-how)
- Product development and prototyping
- Mechanical engineering
- Building physics and norms, energy efficiency in buildings
Willingness to learn about other fields and specialties is also a must. Plus, it is also fun!
- Ability to perform digital simulations (depending on your expertise) and/or proof of affinity with simulation software.
- You are motivated, can work independently and enjoy a challenge.
How to apply:
Are you the R&D engineer we have in mind?
Email your motivation including why you want to work for ZigZagSolar, what you bring to the company, and an answer to the following question: How much potential is there for solar facades within the Netherlands?
Of course, also send a CV to Wim van de Wall, CEO: firstname.lastname@example.org
Do you have remaining questions? Just ask.
To learn more about our company visit: https://www.zigzagsolar.nl/